Fiberit

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Okay, I think

The shop is going very well and changes every week. Above is my version of yarn cupcakes!


Okay, I think the months have switched themselves around. It feels like August but it's getting dark earlier every day so it must be September, hmmmm?

Vivian is selling these fantastic felted purses in the shop!



Working on the Knitter's loom - not sure what this will be yet, but it sure is fun and fast.


I worked the Junk Bonanza for two days and found a couple great buys. A cool black/red checked wool jacket for $20, a herringbone vintage swing coat (reversible) for $20. Lots of great ideas and fun people.

Then I had a busy saturday in New Prague with Dozinky Days. Lots of knitters and a few weavers came by, a few old friends and lots of new ones. I had two groups of teens and pre-teens. They came into the shop to sit on my sofas and take a rest, so I got them knitting. We had a great time. I overheard in the conversations, "My Mom doesn't even know how to do this, wait til she finds out I'm at the Knit Shop" and "This is great, now I'll have something to do after school so I won't be so bored". Great group of students!


Today a group of prayer shawl knitters came out to NP to visit the shop. We visited quite a long time, they shopped and then it was time to end. Hopefully, they will visit again.


Tonight I'm sewing little dresses and finishing the felted jackets Nancy embroidered (photos when they are done) I will sell these in the Park in Carver this saturday. I have a booth. Lots of Antique Dealers in the City Hall for the once a year Antique Show and of course, the Shops in Carver will be open with all their vintage ware. Bungee group is coming out for the afternoon and a lunch at Harveys.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home