Fiberit

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Having fun again


Update on New Prague! I'm having so much fun meeting new knitters, wannabe knitters and experienced knitters in and around NP. There seem to be alot of travelers right now from all around Minnesota. There should be more in the Fall because Schumacher Inn is reopening. YEA!

NP is so convenient, I have the Post office and UPS right across the street, a Office Supply store, Lau's Bakery, the Chameleon Coffee Shop (highly recommend her scones), several boutiques like the Mosaic Alley, so I don't have to go far to find a gift anymore, everything at my fingertips (or down the block).
Sept. 11, 12 and 13th is "Steamboat Days" in Carver. I will be in the park with a booth for the three days and all the shops will be open - if you can come on out for the fun. www.carver.com

I'm working in Sept. 17 and 18th at the "Junk Bonanza" at Canterbury Downs. I'll be in the Coral at the Register. Should be very fun -looking forward to finding some great stuff! All the "Shabby Chic", Antiques new and old people will be there. Don't miss it! http://www.junkbonanza.com/

Finally, I'll be in NP for Sat. the 18th for Dozinky Festival - Czech fall festival - the whole town comes out, street are closed to traffic, vendors line the streets, Czech Beer Garden and food. I can hardly wait! www.newprague.com/dozinky

Lots to look forward to this month. This month is your chance to try weaving on a SOARI LOOM. I have a couple classes scheduled this month in NP - first one next Tuesday - check out the class schedule on my website: http://www.creativefibers.com/

I am working on several projects right now, The Swirl Sweater on the cover of Vogue Spring Summer. I have a scarf started in Elsbeth Lavold's wool/silk and, of course, the afghan and a new pair of socks from a yarn which includes Possum. So soft and will feel great on your toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home