Fiberit

Friday, October 16, 2009

First snow


First Snow - October 13th, 2009


I'm not liking this! It is pretty but really, I have not cleaned out my garden yet!

If you don't receive newsletters from Knitting Daily, you should. They have a new tutorial on there today showing a video on how to cable without a cable needle. Now, I know that this would send some of my students into arrest, because you need to take your stitches off the needle for a minute and put them back on but it is quicker and more efficient, especially if you are doing alot of them like the famous "Central Park Hoodie" (Ravelry). Oh, plus you get a free pattern of a cabled cardigan on Knitting Daily website. http://www.knittingdaily.com/


Ravelry, again is the wonderful website for designers to show their work. I just bought the Summer Soltice pattern from Heidi Kirrmaier and when it printed (it cost $7), it came out in another language that I don't recognzie. (Probably Scandinavian) I emailed Heidi and she immediately sent me an english version. Neither one of us can figure out why this happened. My computer is not set for a random language so the evil elves were are work here. Its a very well written pattern and I love the design of this buttonless cardigan.

Another great pattern source is Knitty.com/ISSUEfall09 is now available. I just printed off the Colonnade Shawl Pattern - I love it and the designer is a MAN, Stephen West. He has a blog and some other great patterns that I will want in the future.


So many patterns, so much to knit. I just started a sweater for Logan out of my beloved Karabella, Aurora 8 yarn, using the wallaby pattern from Carol Anderson but without the pocket so it's called an un-wallably!
Ellie had her first dance recital this week! Great job Ellie! Now she's going on to Jazz, Josh is too!


Had a visit with my 85 year old Aunt and Uncle last week. He had a back procedure where, he says, they inserted cement into his deteriorating disc. He figured if they could do that between each vertebrae he could grow another 2-3 inches. (he's lost 2-3 inches over the years). He also said, when they have nothing else to do, which isn't often because they are busy people, they go to Walmart and park in the parking lot and people watch. Never thought of that myself! I knit!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home