Fiberit

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Inspired by the garden






Inspired by the garden - I just did this in the dyepot and walked outside and looked at the garden and there it was. It's in your head even when you don't know it. Your eye sees it!
I'll be selling this roving in New Prague so I'm really into dyeing fiber right now. I just got a call yesterday that the three bags of wool I sent to "Wooly Knob" is being shipped back all clean and carded. Can hardly wait.
In the Dye Pot as we speak!

These are the first red tomatoes - I love these little cherry tomatoes - they don't last long in my garden, but I have the promise of some Romas and Big Boys on their way.


These are clematis that I believe have lost their petals but look at the little spire they leave behind. Fascinating!



I'm working up a sample of the Knit One Below scarf for a class I'll do in New Prague. It is really fun and feels almost "naughty" like I'm making a mistake every time I knit in the stitch below. I've made a few mistakes and had to pull out because it's difficult to get your stitches back on correctly with this pattern. There is a four row repeat and you have to watch carefully that you do each one in sequence. Well, you know I have trouble with lace, so this is equal to that for me. It's not difficult but you have to pay attention. My ADD kicks in when I have to pay attention.!
Ordered more yarn yesterday to stock New Prague. I can hardly wait to get all set up.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home