Fiberit

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

UP TO THE LAKE




There is a loon in the first photo - everytime I aimed, he dove. Here are the kids and their Dad. They swam like fishes, I sat on the dock - It was not hot enough to jump in that cool water.
New projects:
I'm working up a shawl in "Knit One Below" by Elise Duvekot. I'm teaching a class using this unique technique. It makes a lovely fabric for nearly anything. Check it out at XRX books. I'll get a photo up when I get a few more rows done. I'm teaching at the Yarn Garage in Rosemont. Schedule is in the works so be patient.
I learned two new knitting techniques this week:
One, I received a video of --when you are knitting in the round and don't want the join to show (who does want that jog to show?) you simply join the yarn, knit one round and when you come around again to the first stitch, knit in the stitch below and your jog will not be noticeable. It is so cool.
Nancy called last night and she learned a new technique for knitting socks. If you would like a nice finished cast on at the top of your sock plus more elasticity, simply cast on the number of stitches you need. Knit around the first round by increasing one stitch in each stitch. On the second round, k2 tog. See how you like it. Then just continue as usual. This was in Charlotte Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks book. Nancy swears by it
Well, it has been an interesting couple of weeks here in Carver. I am currently healing from my planter's faciaitis (I don't know how you spell this malady). At any rate, I'm seeing a chiropractor, Eagle Creek in Prior Lake, and they are doing accupuncture and cold lazer on my heel. It seems after continuing on at the garden center, I've increased the inflamation so now I have to work to get that under control. Two treatments and it's about 40% better. I am not working at the Garden Center any longer. I am working for Steven at the YARN GARAGE!!!
YEA! It is so much fun and so dangerous cuz I've already found about 5 new things I want to knit. Steven has lots of news too. He's opening a second spot in Minneapolis in an old Fire Station in the Fall. Boy, this has got my creative juices flowing again.
Keep knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home