Fiberit

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial weekend

Well, it has been quite the week. Last Sunday I had the grandchildren over for dinner and grabbed the frying pan which had been in the oven with my left hand and burned the whole palm. It hurt so bad, I cannot tell you. I have not done that for a very long time.

I iced it, I ran it under cold water, I tried aloe, benedryl, everything I could think of. Took to aleve and went to bed with the cold pack. Next morning it was tender but not stinging so I was able to go to work with a glove on that hand.

I'm sure this garden center is wondering who they hired. First, she limps all day due to planter's faciaitis, has a rash all over her face and eyes that have bags down to her chin from allergies and now she burns her hand and cannot use it for a couple days. (I didn't even tell them about my hand).
Kay stop by to visit while I watered evergreens the other day and said she had had planters before so she understood what I was going through. (she's one of the owners).

I was pulling the hose, two lengths of hose, across the parking lot to water under the sign and it took forever, plus they were heavy and I had to pull them all back in every day.

Finally, I said, there is a sprocket out there for water, can we turn it on!!! Well, one response was, no we've always watered out there and never used it. (d*7%$#&), my response in my head. So, the next day I was told it was ON! Yea, went out to check and no it was not. Dragged the hose again!

Next day I was dragging the hose out and Mark (owner) drove by, swung his car around and said, "Is that sprocket not on???" I said, "NO". "I'll turn it on right now, stay out there and check it". OKAY!
Now we're getting somewhere. Took him two seconds and presto - water. So excited! and thanked him profusely.

Next day, walked in to water and my yellow short hose (I was going to use to water) is damaged.
The end got run over and is now oval shaped instead of round. BUMMER! That was the hose I was going to carry out to the sign because it's lighter. So, I said to two of the managers, now it would be great to have a short hose out there to leave and water out there whenever we need it.
Blank stare from both parties. Well, we don't have one of those, you could check down in the barn and see if we have a damaged one we could rig up or put the yellow one in a vice and make it round again. Well, I have tried this before and it never works again to fit on the sprocket and that did not happen yesterday. I think I will buy one and bring it out there and then take it when I leave at the end of the season.

Problem solved!

Have a great Holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home