Fiberit

Thursday, May 28, 2009

dye work


BEFORE






I over dyed these shorts, capris and t shirt last weekend to brighten them up a bit. I think it worked.

AFTER


I used cushing yellow and diluted it down a bit. These were cotton and I think it took color well.





I'm working on a curtain, drapery project. The first fabric is for the kitchen and look at all the colors of thread I have gathered through the years! The sewing is going a little slow as we had a measuring mishap, if you know what I mean. *&*%$


Work has been very exciting lately. Nearly every day we have had to chase goats. Usually just one escapes and I can get her quickly as she wears a collar. Yesterday, we were looking out the back door and Chris said, (she's new), "Are the goats supposed to be out?". C and I looked and all four of them were out grazing happily on the most tenderest of bushes.

I said, "Let's get 'em" (Chris looked at me like I was crazy but she came along) we ran down to where they were, they just stand and stare at you, grabbed the moms and the babies followed. Whew, got 'em all in again.

As we watched they all scampered, actually leapt in the air to get to the hole in the fence before us and ran right out again.

Well, this will seriously need more action. So, we gathered them up again, C watched the hole and Chris and I ran for supplies. I got some heavy duty bricks to place at the bottom of the fence and she got more ties. Apparently momma goat would put her head down and lift the fence from the bottom and let everyone escape. So clever these goats! I just get such a kick out of them. Great entertainment.

I have most of my garden planted and hopefully will finish tomorrow as I only work half a day.

Happy knitting and gardening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home