Fiberit

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Hummingbirds attack woman in garden center

Seriously, I was walking through the garden center at 7:15 am and I felt something brush my hair, I thought at first it was a drip from a pipe but then I noticed this little thing frantically flying around trying to get out of the green house. It was a hummingbird who actually dive bombed my head. I opened the doors so he/she could escape and it did eventually.

Must be the time for critters - "Crazy Aunt Purl" in california found a baby possum on her door step and it was injured. You have to read her blog to see what all she went through to save this possum.

Look what came in the mail? This is from Sweetgeorgia yarns. They have a Fibre Club and this is Blue Face Leicester - the colorway she explains is from a restaurant in Vancouver, "The Foundation". It's the odd fern green chairs against pale aqua walls and warm woods. I cannot wait to try it. You can join this club at: www.ravelry.com/groups/sweet-sweetgeorgia or just go to their website http://www.sweetgeorgiayarns.com/





This is a fun little treat for me. I have been doing some dyeing also: I am spinning the peachy color now and have the other two for sale - $2.00/oz. email me if you are interested.
Great spinning weather outside!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home