Fiberit

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Moms Day

Hope all you moms out there are having a beautiful mom's day. It looks like a gorgeous day, weatherWISE.

Went to a family wedding last night and had lots of laughs. Nothing better than getting together with the cousins. Now that we are the senior generation, we have all of these second and third and fourth cousins running around. It's hard to keep track of who belongs to who. That is why it's so important to get together every now and then, so we can keep track of who we belong to.

My children, unfortunately, don't know many of the younger crowd, only my generation and they don't see them too often either. It's sad to me because when I was growing up we always got together on Sundays (especially) at my Grandma's house. We all knew each other very well and felt like brothers and sisters. We have a genuine fondness for each other to this day.

My cousin Ralph was there last night, he just had a heart attack and discovered he has diabetes. He's vietnam vet and has farmed most of his life since returning from the war. He's a bachelor, by choice, and has the admiration of all of the second cousins, who he spent alot of time with on the farm. It was so good to see him feeling better. He's quieter, than before the health problems started. He and I were Grandma's favorites. I think because we spent the most time over there. He has always been a good friend to me.

I'm going on and on but it was a good night to catch up with everyone and honor the bride and groom. They were married in Las Vegas but had a reception in Rogers at "Nursing Home" with a large Ballroom. When I arrived I thought, well, if we party too much I wonder if we can get a room? It was beautiful, the food was great and the company fantastic!

I'm meeting Dan for breakfast this morning and then I thought I might go over to Common Good Books, Garrison Keillors bookstore. I've never been and thought maybe I'd take it in today.
We are going to Marge's later today for dinner and see the rest of the family at that time.

I watched the 3 grandchildren on Friday. They were so fun. Logan is almost two and he can convey all of his feelings in one single word, "NO". I'm serious, he uses it like, NO! (definitely not), Nooooooo (indecision), No (don't want that) No (I don't want to do that), No! (don't take that away) No! (I don't want to go to bed) etc..... you get the point. He also can ignore you like nobodies business! What a stinker, Ellie says.

HAPPY MOMS DAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home