Fiberit

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Chocolate




When my sister was here last week, she asked if I had any of these little delights? I said, sadly, No. In fact, I have no chocolate! That is highly unusual for me, no powdered, no chips, no nothing with chocolate. We scrounged around til we found some carmel sauce in the back of the frig, which I'm sure had expired BUT when desperate for a treat women will do most anything. (even fear of botulism) So, we got out the ice cream and added the carmel sauce topping. We ate it with enthusiasm.

I had these three skeins of handspun from Ireland and did not know what to do with them, so I dyed them with cushing, Sky Blue, and this is what I got. Now what do I knit?

This is the baby sweater, top down, pattern that Kris Olson designed for City Sheep. I'm using one skein of Tofutsies sock yarn. We are going to enter it for publication for a new book of one skein sock yarn patterns.

I need to explain the Donkey thing a little more, I guess. I work at the Mustard Seed outside Carver on new #312 (212) and the owner's have several donkeys. The baby is new this year. (I'm not certain why they have donkeys except that it's a Christian based organization and they give children's tours at Christmas, thus the donkeys) They also have goats and chickens. They have trees, shrubs, nursery for annual and perennials, ponds with KOI fish and several landscape designers. It's a lovely place with a great gift shop.

Yesterday was Bungee. We had a great time. Eight of us sat around and had lunch and knit and Nancy helped several get their projects back on task. We've welcomed a newcomer, Deb, and hope she will come back. We're kind of a rowdy group, ya know. We do have a good time. Next one is May 16th and if the weather is nice, they will make the annual field trip to Carver. We will shop downtown and then back to my house for knitting and dessert. Please join us if you have that saturday open.

I mowed the yard last night for the first time on the Huskavarna. I'm sure my neighbors were getting a few laughs at me as I made circle after circle in my yard, trying to figure out a logistic way to mow this big space. At one point I was scared of tipping over going down my slight hill. I must have picked up some speed and felt a little tipsy. I continue to get hung up on the left side where there is a little wheel, it always catches a pole, like the stop sign or clothes line pole. Backing up is a real kick. It's an adventure every time, but I really enjoy it.

Today it's back to blowing leaves and uncovering my tender little plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home