Fiberit

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

spring ahead


Yes, I guess I'm not the only one having trouble with daylight savings time. I didn't even know it was coming until Sunday when I heard it on the radio. Who changed this? I want to know. Several bloggers I read are having a difficult time also like, Wendy Knits, and the Yarn Harlot.

I do remember dreading this when the children were little because it WAS now lighter longer at night and they don't want to go to bed until it is dark.
I , however, went to bed last night at 10, my normal time. I tossed and turned and could not fall asleep. Probably because it was really only 9:30 pm. I thought it was because B and I went to dinner for my birthday at the Victoria House and had a great walleye dinner, baked potato, asparagus, salad, wine and a decadent dessert of Chocolate molten cake and a cup of coffee. (seriously this could have kept anyone awake).

I was having difficulty digesting all of this food even though we ate early. I figured the coffee was playing a role in my difficulty in falling asleep. Then, just about 10:30 pm the phone rang and it was my sister, who is definitely not tuned in to the new time yet, as she is in Phoenix, and it always takes her a few months to get used to the two hour difference in time.
She was wishing me a happy birthday so I couldn't be upset. She had sent me a bug vacuum for my birthday (because of the bugs in my house in the Fall) but I already had one. She was so disappointed. I will send it back and now she will have to come up with something else very clever.
Speaking of clever and very funny; I got a card from Shirley on Sat. It's two old broads, I mean, women knitting and one is saying, "I'm making mittens for my grandkids. How about you?" the other woman responds, "A g-string for one of the dancers down at Studz." open the card, "Age is all in the Attitude.". Thank you Shirley for a great laugh. Perfect.

I worked on my knitting last night and here is a photo of the hooded sweater for Logan and the back of my new sweater. I love the color of mine. It is knit with three strands, mohair, silk and metallic. Mohair likes to grow on you after it's knit so I love working a strand of something else with it to give it some structure. The silk and metallic should do the trick.


This is another sheep sweater I finished for the Starving Artist show in Carver on March 21st.


The best part of my birthday celebration was a balloon boquet from the grandchildren and then the fighting over how many baloons each of them would get to keep. I escaped with 3 of my own. That giving part is always difficult, isn't it???



I want to go on record to report this new storm we are getting, hopefully only a couple inches cuz it is HEAVY STUFF!

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home