Fiberit

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hot sandwiches, cold days


As promised, here is my new recipe find
Hot Sandwiches:
Make ahead (even better)
2 doz. silver dollar buns
9 X 13 pan
1 lb. deli meat of your choice
1 swiss cheese (or anything else you like)
Sauce:

2 sticks of butter (we used 1 and it turned out fine)
2 tbs. worschetshire sauce
2 tbs. poppyseeds
4 tbs. brown sugar
2 tbs. yellow mustard
bring sauce to a boil, cool and spoon over premade sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate overnight
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered.

On the plane ride home, my sister informed me, she was all ready to watch a movie on her dvd player and eat her coveted "Nut Goodie Bar", when over the loud speaker she hears an announcement saying "Do not open or consume peanuts on this flight. We have a severely allergic person on this flight." OMG!!!! Dontcha know!

I'm sending off her package from Christmas, things left behind, and will include several Nut Goodie Bars for her. I have also included my great new finds in scrapbooking equipment. I went to Smudges in Chanhassen last Sat. for their make and take and really enjoyed myself. Therefore, I needed some new equipment.
I love this Tape Roller - I have had some in the past but I could never reload the darn things - this is so simply, I can do it. Love these new pens but they are $5.00 a piece so I only got two. They are refillable so that helps. They have a brush end and flat end for caligraphy, they can blend colors and the women at Smudges are certified for these so run over and learn something new.
Memento is a new stamp pad that I've never used before. It dries quick and you can color over it without running or embossing. I also found some beautiful double sided papers and an embosing machine. They are on my wish list.

Tofutsies sample done - I love this yarn - it feels great and is easy to knit with, comes in a bunch of colors, of which I am stocked for now.



My mitten is in the middle of the open book.






Finished one arm of my sweater and am now trying to finish these mittens for Tina out of Plymouth Alpaca (lovely stuff) and my favorite mitten pattern which I cannot give to you so you'll have to buy the book by Louisa Harding. What I love is the thumb. She doesn't put them on holders - she knits it with the mitten (increasing with Ml's) and then just sews up a little seam on the thumb. It's easy and you don't get those holes.


Happy Knitting!






























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home