Fiberit

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snowing again - just shoveled and it's coming down again. At least the sub-zero stuff is gone for a while. The grandchildren got ice skates from Pappa for Christmas and they were able to come over on Sunday and skate on the outdoor rink by my house. They did great - took a chair with them until they got their balance and then took off. I babysat last night and they were so excited to show me the rink their Dad had shoveled off for them on their backyard pond. It looks great and now they can just go out their back door and get some use out of those skates.

There is nothing better than hearing, "I love you, Nanna".



I watched Logan for them while they skated with the older two. I have not had him by myself for awhile so it was a treat for me. He was very happy to be the center of my attention and would come up and take my hand when he wanted me to do something with him, like I wasn't always beside him, but he's very cute that way, leading me around. I'm used to it!, being led, that is.

Anyway, I was over at their house the other night and their mom was giving them some crackers, Logan got his first and Josh was just standing next to him watching and Logan turned to him and growled! What a kid, he doesn't say much yet, but he manages to communicate just fine.

I found a couple fake furs at consignment shops last week but they smell of perfume. I tried to have them drycleaned but they wanted to send them to a furier to have them cleaned for $30. We didn't pay that for them to begin with. Anybody got a good idea how to get the odor out of these lovely jackets?



I went to New Prague today to bring over new Encore colors and some Alpaca from Plymouth. We are trying to get a few people involved to use the backroom for classes. My knitting, felting and spinning classes, stamping, cooking, etc. I'd like to see it become the place in New Prague to take classes. We'd all chip in on the rent and everybody would win. I sure hope it works. We are scheduling classes for the end of January for Knitting and we'll see how it goes.



Finished a hat out of the new alpaca last night. I thought it would be for Jenna but it's too small for her. I dug around downstairs today and found some bulky alpaca from Blue Sky and I think this will work up better for her.



Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home