Fiberit

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Heh, is it August already???



Remember this cute nesting box I bought awhile back, well this is what I did with it. I think it is so cute.

I am starting to feel human again. I have today off and I'm trying to get some projects done around the house. Like, clean the bathroom, fix air conditioner so it stays in the window and the bugs stay out. Talking about bugs - are they bad or what this year??? I've had two woodticks on me and several squeeter bites, is it August already?

I had a handman company come out to look at blowing in some insulation in the basement. Upstairs was good except we are going to add floors to under the rafters so they can be used for storage, if needed. I won't need it cuz I'm purging this summer (hahaha). At any rate, I'm trying to do some things that will make it more energy efficient for next winter. Handyman already got rid of a hornets nest for me.

I've been trying out trimmers lately for the lawn and bought a gas operated one and found I could not pull the string to start it, so I took it back. I found another hand trimmer that I'd used in the past and thought that would work, but I can't even get the battery out to recharge it, so I'll be taking it back. I know I'm not strong, but really!!! How frustrating.

Talk about frustrating. Everywhere you go, doesn't matter what store, there is no CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYMORE. You cannot even find a sales person - you might catch one out of the corner of your eye but they won't give you eye contact so there you are all by yourself and left frustrated. The other frustration is at the checkout and mind you I'm doing this job for a living right now. Mostly, it's not the checkout person who is to blame. It's Corporate! They don't give these people enough training or knowledge to run the front end. A manager has to be called for everything. They are all the same. Customers get frustrated and leave, I would leave sooner than most of them if I had to deal with waiting as long as it takes to get customer service at one of these places, in fact I do leave if there is only one check out and they are having a problem. I walk out! How do these places stay in business? What is this world? Am I just an impatient old lady?

If somebody actually opened one of these places and trained their people, gave customer service, staffed it properly they would make a million. Instead they worry about how many times you use your gun rather than the scanner, pushing people to use self checkout rather than a real person, punch clock times, measuring boards, watch it so customers don't steal or cheat us, shall I go on.....

Okay, now that I have that off my chest. I'm considering repainting some of my rooms. Dan has moved his stuff out so I want to repaint that room first. The babies room needs it too and one wants PINK AND ONE WANTS BLUE, imagaine that??? I want to repaint the bathroom a lighter, softer yellow, and the kitchen a lighter, softer green. The Hallways I'll paint the same as my office and the upstairs I'll paint to match my furniture up there, probably blues/tan. It's fun to dream in color.

Speaking of the babies. Ellie called the other day (she'll be 3 in August) and said, "Nanna, We're Girrrrrllls." I said, "I know, isn't that wonderful." She figured out that her dad, josh, logan, Jack the cat and Spencer (pencer she calls him) the dog are all BOYS. She, Her mom and me are all girls. She can also recognize the names of all the grandchildren that are painted on the walls at Grandma's house, Josh is learning how to sound out the letters and connecting a name to the letter. Josh just cuddled up in my lap last week and it felt so good. I said, I can still hold you, you're not too big yet and he just grinned. They are the best.!!!

They are all heading to a wedding next weekend (Josh and Ellie are in it) so I get Logan all to myself for three days. It will be a chance for me to get to know him better without interruption. I'm planning on using this downtime (yes, downtime, he still takes naps and goes to bed at 6:00pm) to study my realestate stuff.

I may even get more knitting done. I've been working on the afghan (mohair is so itchy) and a cotton/bamboo dress for Ellie and realized today, when I ran across of Karabella, that, "I now know what I've been missing, KNITTING WITH KARABELLA." I love that yarn and I really miss it. I've been procrastinating knitting on the other two projects because they are just not fun, now I know what to do, I'll get out the Christmas sweaters I started last January and knit on those for a FIX!

Happy Gardening and Knitting!

1 Comments:

At 5:53 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I love what you did with the nesting box! I'll be interested to see your fairy garden when it's done. My little girls want to create one, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home