Fiberit

Friday, April 11, 2008

Frozen


We're still in the ice age. I have frozen raindrops attached to my screens. We need the moisture, but please no snow.

I had coffee yesterday, first day off, with a friend in Victoria. Cute coffee shop. We got the prime spot, fireplace and leather wingback chairs. Had a lovely salad and a long overdue visit. I've been kind a recluse since January. I've been so busy trying to find a job and so discouraged that I spent alot of time at home. It's so good to be working and out with people again. I think I'll like the Home Depot job. I get the garden center cuz I'm one of the few gardeners on staff.

Tuesday night I had a friend over to spin. It was so fun to get my wheels out again and oiled up. The traveler is feeling a bit stiff so I'll have to work with that one a bit.
Lori is spinning fabulous yarn and really needed no help. We had a great visit, looking through books and feeling fiber. I had to beg off early because I'd been up since 4:30 and I had to get up the next day at the same time. This is not normal for me so I was fading fast. I started spinning Hydrangea that I bought back in December. Mine is spinning up alot lighter than the sample, but that's okay. I'll get a photo up when I spin a little more.

I'm currently trying to frantically get the fish done for Josh's birthday. He wants to paint fish all over his walls in his bedroom but mom doesn't think that's a good idea.

He said, "when I get big I'll paint my own room". He also wants a castle outdoor playhouse. IN MY YARD! Now how am I gonna figure that one out???

Well, it's a good day to count inventory, knit/spin, or read a good book. Stay dry!

Yarn Over is this weekend - not going cuz I have to work - check it out on the Minnesota Knitters Guild website.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm totally lovin' the spinning and am looking forward to getting together again soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home