Fiberit

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

April Showers?


I cannot believe I haven't blogged since March 31st. I knew it had been awhile but I've been busy and tired. The Grandchildren have been sick so I've been helping over there and training for a job at Home Depot, and selling yarn. Mandarin Petit is one of the yarns sold by Norwegian-Spirit. I love to work with it and I think this little shoulder jacket will be so cute for Ellie.








This is one of my newest projects. It's a little dress for Ellie. Look at the progress I've made, Only a few more inches until seed stitch starts again.


I'm also working on a fish for Joshua (his birthday party theme is Fish). I found a cute fish from Blue Sky Alpaca, knit in their organic cotton (which I love) but I wanted to felt this one so I'm using some sample yarn and stash yarn that I found around the house.


Nothing real exciting has been going on around here. I guess I just didn't feel like blogging too much. I did pick up Jesse Ventura's book after seeing him on TV last week. It's quite interesting, especially if you are not fond of the government or "you know who" these days.


I had to train at HD all weekend so I missed Bunge and I don't know how it went yet. Nobody has called to report. This scheduling business is going to be crazy for awhile. I'm at the Chaska HD in case anybody stops in there I should be in the garden center.(I guess I'm one of the few gardeners)


I've heard from 4 old friends lately. It's always so good to hear from them. One is in Florida and I never get to see her anymore, but we can always email.


Another called from Monticello this week, really a friend of my sisters, but we all grew up together in south Minneapolis. Their 40th High School reunion is coming up and she wants my sister to go with her. I doubt that will happen unless we kidnap her. Another invited me to a party which I had to miss last Sunday and another is having a party on May 3rd which I hope I can go to. I've know Sue since Junior High and haven't seen her for at least 5 years. She lives in Stillwater. Work is so interfering, especially when I have to miss a woman party.


Sister arrives on the 24th and I have to get the upstairs ready for her. I hope she can manuever the steps otherwise I'll have to switch rooms and that would be difficult cuz the only bathroom is on the main level and I usually get up during the night and I don't want to stumble down the stairs either. (they are quite steep).

Progress on Sandy's afghan. She'll probably need when she gets here. Phoenix has been hot and we're still getting snow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home