Fiberit

Monday, May 19, 2008

The gnome house






Blue Cindy Lou - this is a corriedale/romney blend and I dyed it this gorgeous blue. I'm in the mood to dye some fleece again.

I'm working like a crazy person and I have gotten this terrible spring virus that will not leave me alone. I have had two days off this week and have been working in the garden. Because I didn't feel well this week I was able to finish reading, "The Range" by Russell Banks. Good book -very strange characters but good discussion for a book club.

I'm trying to get my Fairy house together - I think I'm going to rename it "The gnome house". It just fits better.


It's kind of rustic looking and I think I'll glue some stones on it and then plaster over them and make some little gnomes. It's in my head, but difficult to describe.

Dan is home from college for a couple weeks and I'm enjoying having him around. I had to restock the pantry, however. I've made three trips to the grocery so far this weekend.


We just love living out here. I adore my yard and just love to walk around in it. I had a fire in the fire pit yesterday to burn up all the twigs. It smelled wonderful. I think I finally got one up on the boxelder bugs and beetles too!
I had breakfast with friends on Sunday at Maude's in Minneapolis. It was good to visit and have a lovely breakfast. The NU outlet opened before I left so I went in to see what they had. Barbara was working so I got caught up with her life a little.
They still have some great novelty yarns that I can use in my weaving projects, which I hope to get to soon. Carver has a Saturday art in the park type day each weekend and you can rent a booth for the day. I thought it would be fun to get a booth and sell some handmade items.

Going to the Zoo in the morning with the grandchildren. I love going to the zoo. I hope we get some good photos.
I've finished the back of Ellie's cotton/bamboo dress and I'm working on my sister's afghan to see if I can get it done this month as it is her birthday month.

I'm so excited, I heard from Louet this week and they said I can continue to be a dealer for them. They have great products for knitters and spinners. I can do special orders! Yea!


Keep knitting, the fun is not over yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home