Fiberit

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Planting seeds

Decorating Easter Eggs - So much fun!








From this to.....planting seeds. I sure hope the weather lasts - I see grass again! The birds are singing and Cally won't come in the house anymore.


I have been busy this week planting seeds on Monday, Tuesday interviewed at Home Depot and got the job (part-time) and the best is: "I'm the new rep for Norwegian-Spirit yarns". I love this yarn. I had "Smart" and "Mondial" cotton in the shop and loved it. In fact I'm crocheting their free pattern for a child's bolero using the Mondial Cotton. You can check it out on their website, you can only buy the yarn from your local yarn shops, however. I got the shipment of yarn from NS on Wednesday, so exciting.


Thursday, I had lunch with Jenna and met her again that evening for a drink at Redstone (I wanted her to meet a cute bartender) No luck on the bartender but we had fun. After lunch I stopped at Calico Corners to look for fabric for my pillows in the living room. I found a couple pieces there and then I went to the outlet in EP and found some duponi silk and a few other colors that I think will work. I visited Christine at Ethan Allen for a few minutes. She's a designer, great customer and I miss seeing her at the shop.


Friday, I changed my closet from Winter to Summer. Huge accomplishment. I feel like I have all new clothes again. I stopped at the antique shop in Carver on the way home today and (my new favorite place, they've added a flower shop too). I found a couple lace table cloths for my window treatments.


I'm so excited about this Rep job. I already made a call on Saturday. My first run at presenting the material. Pam at The Fiber Studio on 49th and Nicollet was my first selling experience and she was very kind. If you need fiber, dyes or beads - visit her - she has classes in felting also. Cute shop! Oh, yes, I died some wool last week, and she bought some for the shop. Below is one of the color combinations she bought.



My next new project is a pink sun dress for, guess who? Ellie is having a pinkalicious birthday this summer and I thought this would be quite cute. It's a Debbie Bliss pattern but I'm using a different weight yarn (cotton/Bamboo from Classic Elite). I'm being very conscious of the dimensions, I hope.



I'll show more as we go along. Be patient! If you come to Bungee next week, I'll bring the book. We had a great group again at Betsy's Back Porch on Sat. Everyone works very hard on their projects but we manage to get in eating and talking.

I brought my Scunci Steamer (if you can find one of these get it, it is so worth it.) to steam Shirley lovely jacket she had finished. I wish I had gotten a photo. She started knitting about a year ago and was very frustrated at the beginning but boy has she taken off! It is so fun to see when people get it! A couple of the women said, "I remember dropping a stitch and running in panic up to Creative Fibers to have Bonny find my stitch and now I can see it myself". Yeah! Laura is another one of those amazing knitters. She started with scarves and now is so good she knits more than me and actually finishes her projects. I'm so Proud!

I'm heading to Nicoles for a showing of her line of clothing she's a rep for, called Kelly's kids. They are adorable and she did really well yesterday for her first show.

Keep knitting, there is still a chill in the air.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home