Fiberit

Monday, March 03, 2008

30 degrees and Balmy



It is so strange to walk out the door and 30 degrees feels balmy. That's what it felt like yesterday until I got into the wind. It gives me hope and I dream of gardening.
I am such a slug about blogging this month. It's not that I'm not doing anything, it's that I'm doing alot of different things. Looking for a job, felting sweaters for Etsy, knitting a sweater and an afghan, started a "Rotation Diet", reading and studying real estate and getting caught up on the house before the nice weather hits.
A word more about the Rotation Diet. A friend and I did this 19 years ago. I lost alot of weight and felt great. That was when my surprise "Daniel" came along. Some how with all this good health I got pregnant after 14 years. Well, since then I have not been back to that weight. So, my friend found that same diet on line and bought me the book. It's a great diet for me because it spells out exactly what I am supposed to eat every meal and it was soooo easy to do. Plus I have to start walking again every day. Soon it will be nice enough to do that.

Nicole and I are making these adorable sweaters and selling them on Etsy.com. I hope they sell. Here is Ellie, modeling the bunny sweater before the pink bow was added.
Bungee knitting was Saturday and Nancy was showing me some embroidery stitches for our Easter eggs. A shop in downtown Carver wants to sell them in March. The shop is called "Mustard Moon" she also has a website. http://www.omustardmoon.com/. Jane has antiques and a boutique. Very cute stuff. They are open once a month along with "Linda's Cellar" in Chaska and another shop in Shakopee. I don't know the name of the one in Shakopee but it's right on the highway #101 (I think) that goes right through town. Next dates are Mar. 20, 21, 22. 10-5 -Very worth the drive.
Bungee was great as always. Everyone is getting their projects completed. Ready for a new spring project. Betsy's works so good for us. She has great treats and coffee. She also features a new artist every month and displays their work in the shop.
I'm itching to start some dye work. I've got lots of roving and a fleece to work on. This Saturday is the shearing at Woolen Meadow Farm in Delano. Sue Ross has three fleeces for me. I better get going, I have no idea where I will put them.
I stopped in to pick up felting needles at the new "The Fiber Shop" on 49th and Nicollet on Saturday. Pam is the owner and she has Judy McDowell doing classes for her and a spinning teacher from the Textile Center. She is doing well and has lots of fiber. It was good to visit with them and I'm hoping to sell some fiber to her.
I've been hunting for wool sweaters, 100% wool or shetland wool on the label works best for me. I you have any you want to get rid of, shoot me an email. I'll buy them for $5.00.
It's March, the crazy month. Stay calm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home