Fiberit

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Elf

I have started a new business - it's called Christmas Elf. I'll offer to help people write out Christmas cards, invitations, whatever they need for the Holidays. I'll wrap presents, make reservations for dinner, help decorate for a party, shop, run errands. I'll be your Elf. I've distributed a few of these postcards around town. If you no anyone needing assistance just email me.



I was in Hopkins last week antiquing (great antique stores in Hopkins) and had to return a light fixture part so afterwards I scooted over to Excelsior. This is such a cute little town. I, of course, had to stop at Coldwater Collaborative. Now that I don't own a shop anymore I can shop at all the yarn shops.


Coldwater is so cozy. I love the location, there are lots of places I like to shop in that town. Coldwater has a lovely selection of yarns- from handpaints to the more basic yarns. They are very helpful, have a very friendly staff. You can go online and check out which yarn companies they carry (too many to mention). They have some very nice kits, samples are abundant. I did not need anything this time around because I have several projects waiting at home but I'll be back.

Well, are we happy now? We have snow! Yes, I'm still shoveling but it sure is pretty. Cleans up real nice outside. I didn't get my lights on outside yet (maybe never) but if it warms up a tad I'll get some in the front.

The Grandma's and Mom took Joshua to a play at the Children's Theater on Sat. In the midst of the storm. We made it downtown in an hour. They have changed the Children's Theater since I was there last. To the left of the door (where you pick up your tickets) there is a new section with a small theater just for toddlers. Everyone puts on slippers and slides around the open area while waiting for the play to begin. The cast comes out and invites the children into a special neighborhood. Then we all follow the cast into a room with trees and lights and colorful backdrops.

The children can sit on the floor on large padded benches that vary in height so the smallest sit on the lowest and so on. It's very comfortable. Adults can sit on chairs or on the floor cushions also. It's a mixture of Marianettes and actors. They sang, danced, and roller skated.Very cleverly done and Josh was entranced. He sat still for 45 minutes and was able to follow the story line easily. I won't tell you anymore because you may want to go yourself. We had a cookie on the way out and a bottle of water. Great time.

I think my mind is really going. I finished the second sleeve of Ellie's pink/white striped sweater and compared it to the other one and it was smaller. I forgot to increase at the beginning. Pulled it out and started again.

Knitting at Dunn Bros. tuesday night 5:30 PM - Chaska downtown. JOIN US!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home