Fiberit

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Old friends

I have not been a good blogger lately. Sorry about that. It's just been a little crazy around here.
Here's the update.

No buyer for the shop. So, I am now trying to get everything sold and out of there before the 30th. My customers are the best, however, they keep coming back and buying just to help me out. I really appreciate their support. I'm very stressed right now due to the closing and moving. The possibility of a buyer was exciting and then that fell through so now I have to get rid of everything. Makes me a little crazy!

The house is coming along. The windows are repaired and the boiler was taken out Sat. Therefore, I have no heat or hot water, (just a few more inconveniences). New boiler to arrive on Tuesday and hot water heater. Meanwhile I shower at Nicole's and so far I can sleep at the house at night.

The water softener tank is leaking so it will probably have to be replaced. The electrician is scheduled for Wednesday so I should be pretty okay by then. I have to find fixtures tomorrow, get a hair cut and have a physical.

This weekend was quite fun, actually. The church I used to go to, Transfiguration Lutheran Church in Bloomington had it's 50th Anniversary this weekend. I was invited back for the Banquet and 7 PM service Sat. night. My daugher, Nicole and baby Logan came with me. My dear friend, KLW also attended and was part of the program. She sang a beautiful song for the service. It was a very special evening with lots of memories with old friends. I was a member at this church for about 20 year during the growing years of my family. The children were very involved in the programs at church and I volunteered for 15 years before I got a paid position as Sunday School Coordinator and KLW was the Youth Director and the current ELCA Bishop, Craig Johnson was Sr. Pastor. Ray Ormand and Rich Chronis were the other two pastors. They have moved onto other churches but sent video messages to us during the service.

Since I left 10 years ago - they have built a new addition to the church. It is a gorgeous facility. Vern Christoferson is the Sr. Pastor and has been for 10 years. It was so good to connect with all the old friends that I hardly get to see anymore. Sunday morning Nicole and all three babies and Jenna came with me to church. KLW arrived with her husband and my other two grandchildren. Bishop Johnson preached and we had great music and lots of great memories. We had so much fun the 5 years Craig was Pastor and KLW was Youth Director. Those were the best years at that church, I believe. My children have great memories from the church family. Craig's wife, Cindy, made it to the service and it was so good to see her. She is such a good friend and I hardly get a chance to visit with her cuz she's so busy. She is the director of Camp Noah a branch of LSS. Wherever there is a dissaster, there is Cindy. She works like a crazy woman but this career fits her well. I have volunteered with Cindy and Craig and I have been employed by both of them at different times.

I think it was great to be back at TLC but it would never be like it was back then. It's a very different church right now and that is good but I don't feel the same about it as I did back then. It's just good to have all those memories and get hugs from all those old friends.

Not much knitting got done this week.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Must be something in the Carver County water system. My Mojo has gone missing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home