Fiberit

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Moving Boxes












Last cutting from my Hydrangeas. I used this for Ellie's Birthday boquet.


I had the Grandchildren Monday morning for a couple hours and I don't know what it is about a

pile of stacked boxes but that's where they played most of the time.



FOUND HIM! Joshua under the filigre table. They also helped me pack. Josh very carefully and methodically placed each rubber stamp in a plastic bin. Just like he was doing a puzzle. Ellie took over and pitched them in wherever they landed. Different styles but she got the job done.

I'm working at feaver pitch on baby Logan's blanket. I hope to get it finished for his baptism. I was going to do Christmas sweaters for all three of them for this year but decided to finish Ellie's pink and white striped hooded sweater instead.

Have you seen the new sweater from Louet? - It's a free pattern on their website. It's knit in lace and then felted. Sooooo cute! There is an add in Knitter's for it. I want to try this for myself. Surprise - for me. They have a name for all their patterns and I cannot remember the name right now. I'll get it and put it on here.

Well, we have had some thunderstorms lately. No damage here just lots of wind and rain. Good knitting weather. I was up roaming around last night trying to decide if I should hit the basement. Suddenly it slowed down so I went back to bed and read more of this intriquing novel.

I'm reading "Suite Francaise" by Irene Nemirovsky. It is excellent! It is set in the early 1940's recording the massive 1940 exodus from Paris on the eve of the Nazi invasion. The author died in Auschwitz but had started the novel two years earlier. Her daughter's took the manuscript with them into hiding after their mother was arrested. Sixty four years later it has been published.

Happy reading and knitting.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Can't wait to see the link to the sweater. I may have to google it, if I have time before our northern trek.

Good luck with the move.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home