Fiberit

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Started sock of the month for May 2007
















New Dye Work last week! - A few of us are getting together this sunday to do some dyeing. I can hardly wait! We may never go home.





















I started this sock and had a few other people join me this month. It was such a treat. I love the pattern on this sock - it's an easy four row repeat pattern. It looks so much better in person.


The next sock will be a winter sock. I'm using the Ann Norling pattern for a basic sock using 3 different weights of yarn. I'll get a photo up here and on the website soon.


The Tie Dye season is upon at the shop. Summer Camps really enjoy doing this with the campers. The School art teachers love it, church youth groups love, scouts, etc. It's easy and fun and you get a great shirt, socks, baby romper, etc. for the summer. Try it, you'll like it.


It's been a busy week at the shop - lots of new customers looking for creative ways in which to express themselves in weaving, felting, knitting, tie dye, and back again. It's exciting to me and fun for me to help people plan their projects. I have my favorites, of course, and try not to be too pushy about certain yarns, but I love to get people excited about their projects.


A couple of men came in today at separate times. One wanted to buy a small loom to weave cloth for children's clothing. We discussed this at length and then moved onto knitting a garment. He liked the looks of the knitted garment as opposed to woven. At least for his designs. He was here all the way from the East Coast. I told him he should definitely go to TNNA this year. I hope to see his designs someday.


Another man came in shortly after this to look for yarn for an afghan someone was going to knit for him. He was told to come and find yarn. After asking the basic questions, what pattern is she using?, what gauge yarn, needle size, wash or dryclean? He was totally overwhelmed and will be back with more information.


Another male stopped by while I was in the ladies room. He locked me out of the shop and I was a bit startled to find the door locked and ya know how your brain works when your expectation is that the door will open and it doesn't. I tried again and then the third time it opened but I was a little nervous to walk in until my friend peeked his head around the corner and I was relieved to see his cute face. I then locked the door every time I went to the ladies room. Learned my lesson.

Happy Knitting, weaving, spinning, dyeing or felting - just keep doing it!













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home