Fiberit

Friday, June 08, 2007

Finished Sweater





I finished Josh's sweater-Carol Anderson's Wallaby pattern using Karabella 8 worsted weight. I love this yarn. I will try to get a photo with him wearing it. He wouldn't stand still so I could get a great photo of the sweater the other night when he tried it on. He was so excited, running all around the yard with it on. Now I have to make one for Ellie in a size 4, lavender and white in the same yarn. This was knit in the round. I love how this sweater just flows together. It took about a month to complete. There is an adult version also. One day.....


I've also started a baby sweater for the new little one out of Blue Sky Alpaca sport weight using the City Sheep Eyelet sweater pattern. It is knit in the round so it is easy and fast.


I had a very weird dream the other night. The kind you wake up and remember. At the time you are dreaming it, it seems like it all fits together and then when you start to repeat it to someone it makes no sense.


The dream was: a customer was in the shop buying fleece. She had piled it on the counter and suddenly one big chunk went flying onto the floor and 5 or 6 mice scampered out. (I am terrified of mice) I said, "Get the decon". So I went to Ace and got ten or twelve containers of the stuff and planted it around the edges of the shop. Now the mice were running and jumping over the boxes of decon having a great time. Suddenly a small dog appears out of the fleece. (mind you this is fleece I have died and cooked). My customer grabs the dog and holds him up and discovers he is a very valuable dog (I have no idea why we think this). I suggest calling the farmer that we got this fleece from and see if they are missing a dog. (or mice) the end.!


How bizaare is that. Except for my fear of mice and dyeing fleece I have no idea where the dog fits in. By the way, there are no mice in the shop - I do keep decon on hand just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home