Fiberit

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving






Well, it was great - this was also the celebration for my 32 year old daughter's birthday. It's the 27th but we always celebrate it on Thanksgiving. Yes, she gets a little shorted but makes up for it by celebrating the whole month.

She was born in 1974 and it happened to be the day before thanksgiving and I was in the hospital. Later on I had a picture frame engraved with her birth date, weight, height, name, etc. Really cute except that I engraved the incorrect date. I put the 26th instead of the 27th. I blame this mistake on Thanksgiving because it changes the date every year (not the day, Thursday, but the date) Confused?? So am I. It's my only excuse and I'm sticken' to it.

We had a great dinner,pie, birthday cake and presents. I made her a half pair of mittens out of cashmere/merino blend-Karabella. I added a picot edge and the one turned out pretty cute. I made her a pair last year and she lost one at MOA. I'm putting a string on this pair when I get the other one done.





I made a story box for the grandchildren this week. The advent story. Beginning with
week one and following thru to the last week. It will help them learn the story by heart. I also made a cradle and put some straw around it and every time they do a good deed or are nice to each other they get to put another piece of straw in the cradle and on Christmas there should be enough straw for Baby Jesus to sleep on.








UPDATE ON WIP:
I'm making progress on Dan's sweater and Lucy's Christmas sock, which I have been working on for two years. I'll get photos up here soon. I forgot to get them today. I love working from the top down on this sweater. It's difficult to know sometimes if the size is accurate in the pattern and this way I could let him try it on. I took the needles out and put the sleeve stitches on a string holder and he could pull it over his head. Because Karabella Aurora 8 is such a great yarn, very few stitches came out and I was easily able to get them all back on. It fits great, so far. This is from "Pure & Simple" top down sweater (for me or women).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home