Fiberit

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Life could not be better






WIP-this is Dan's sweater - knitted with Karabella Aurora 8, Pure & Simple pattern - Top Down Raglan. I love knitting top down. It just seems to go smoother!






I also completed a few projects this week. A cowl neck and pattern out of Alpaca Marl. We're still working on some cute pins for closures.

This is a free pattern with purchase of yarn. It's a ribbed cowl.

I used a stitch holder for the pin. It works.
I also finished Josh's hat to go with scarf and mittens and I knit some little bones to embellish. Photo later.


I did alot of dye work again this week. I finished up the Angora I had gotten last week and some more corriedale which is on my website. We had a dye class Saturday at the shop and it went very well. Shelley is a good teacher. Everyone had a great time and got some great roving to take home. A good time was had by all and lots of fiber went out the door. I've placed another order already for roving because it just flies out the door at this time of year. I love to do this dye work. I'm not very technical about it I just play with it and whatever comes out is okay.


I guess I don't take any of these crafts too seriously. I call it playing. If it's not fun, why do it. The only time I'm discouraged is if I knit a sweater and it doesn't fit. Nancy is my Bungee cord when I'm working on something new. She is so good at helping people get the result they want. Nancy also had her Bungee Knitting class at "Betsy Back Porch", a deligtful coffee shop on 54th and Nicollet. It's roomy and cozy at the same time. Good coffee and food. This is a great group of woman to knit with. We had to move to "Betsy's" because we had the dye workshop at the shop.


There are about 15 in the group and usually 6 show up each class. Julie is working on a second sweater and it is gorgeous. In one year she has gone beyond all expectations. She probably knows more about knitting and sizing than I do at this point. Jeanne finished her sweater and I guess it is gorgeous. I'll try to get photos of these up here and on the website the next time they meet. Barbara has done a couple sweaters now and is very experienced at this point. Jeanne is working on an afghan and has come along way with her knitting. I'm sure I forgot somebody and I apologize. I'll catch you next time and show photos. I am so proud of these woman. They have learned so much from each other and gained such confidence in this class.


We have added a Monday evening Free Knitting Group 6-8 PM with Denise as the Coordinator. This is a good time to sit and knit and get some projects finished while visiting with other knitters. I guarantee you will learn alot from each other.


This is a busy season for the shop and I love it. We have so much fun. Life could not be better!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home