Fiberit

Sunday, November 05, 2006

NEW BOOKS

It was recommended to me by my massage therapist to read "Knitting under the Influence." I just started it and it seems pretty funny. I'll keep you posted. I've ordered 3 for the shop.

I had dinner with a friend Friday night and, of course, we had to stop at B & N afterwards. We both love to read and are in the same bookclub. I picked up "Knitting Under the Influence" out of curiosity and we found a few others. Louise Erdrich is a favorite writer of mine. She has her own book store in Minneapolis and so does Garrison Keillor. I love independent book stores. My bookclub is currently reading "The Historian" by Berg. It's good but I won't get it done by next week. We bought "Runaway" by Alice Munro, best seller on NY Times list and "The Bingo Palace" by Louise Erdrich. Can hardly wait to get started. I think I enjoy reading a good book as much as knitting a new pattern.

I just received the Vintage Lace book in the shop and was reading it last night. It is fascinating beside beautiful and inspirational. That's quite a review. This is a must for your lace knitting library.

I would like to figure out a cheap way to download books so I can listen and knit. Any suggestions out there?

Happy Knitting

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Blogger Knittymama said...

Try libravox.com. Tons of free, downloadable books, mostly classics.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home