Fiberit

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Felting









Felting Supplies for leaf shapes. Handdyed corriedale, bowl of hot soapy water and leaf shaped cookie cutters. I hot water felted the fleece into the shape. Rinsed it out and let it dry.



I then put it back in the cookie cutter and needle felted it around the edges to define it more and added some details for the stem and veins. Turned out pretty cute!

This is so fun - creative and relaxing. There is something about hot soapy water and fiber that is so fascinating. I thought these would be cute in a wreath for the door or a decoration on a birthday gift package. They could be made larger for a coaster. Anything!!!

I finished one pumpkin hat but forgot to get a photo - I'll add it tomorrow. I started my sons sweater last night out of Karabella Aurora 8 - It's a top down pattern - I sure hope it fits. The last one I made him was too bulky so he wouldn't wear it.

I had such a great weekend at the shop. I am discontinuing Rug Hooking supplies so I was finally able to consolidate them into one small book case and move out that big piece of furniture. I'll get a new photo up here soon. It really opened up the shop and looks so much better. We were able to put a little table and chair in its place for knitting folks.

I'm still scraping and washing the wall paper paste off the front entry hall. This is a job I can only do for a couple hours at a time. Between my sore knees and my elbow I'll be lucky to get it done by Christmas. Yesterday I had planned to paint the railing on the deck cuz it was dry outside but my daughter needed help with the babies so I scooted over there. Oh darn, such a hardship! Ellie is just about walking - she is trying so hard to catch up with Josh.

Sunday night I went to see an old friend give a bible study on his 3 favorite verses. Craig Johnson is now the Bishop of the ELCA Synod in Minneapolis. He's a great preacher and storyteller. The best I've ever heard. We worked together probably 10 years ago at TLC in Bloomington. I helped with the Sunday School Education and he was Sr. Pastor and my other friend Kari Lyn was Youth Director. We had a great time working with these kids. At any rate Craig did not disappoint us with his Bible Study. It was a real treat to see him again. His wife Cindy is co-director of a program to help children with crisis, like sending Camps to kids in the wake of Katrina's disaster. It's called Camp Noah. I have also working with Cindy and she is a firecracker advocate for Youth. It is always good to connect with these two.

I then came home to watch "Desperate Housewives". What a neighborhood these women live in! Is real life that complicated???

Last evening the shop was open late. Matt came over to knit for awhile. He's busy with his new company. He and Mike started their own and they work out of the house. It was good to see him and kick back and knit. I was working on the vest for the vest class. I'm disappointed because no one has signed up yet. Barbara stopped by with two new shop samples she finished. They are beautiful. One is out of a Baby Lama/Silk blend and the other out of the Angora/Merino blend, so people can touch and feel them. Laura also stopped by to pick up some yarn for an auction she's having and Ginny picked up her yarn from Louet that has been on order forever. She's very patient. It's so good to see friends at the shop when I'm working. Shirley also stopped by, she's joining the sock class. It was a good Day!

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home