Fiberit

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Personal:
This is the bound bunny completed. He's pretty cute but I don't think binding his arms and legs really did that much good. It needs a bow around the neck.

This is the first Saturday I have had off from the shop for months. It felt good to wake up whenever I wanted, fix a pot of coffee and relax. I had a date with Joshua this morning. I picked him up at 9:30 am and told him we were going on a Mission. Ellie was on my lap drinking her bottle and she sat straight up and said, "Yeahhhhh!" Unfortunately, she was staying home this day. We had a mission to accomplish for Mommy's birthday. I'll tell later what it was, it's a secret. We then headed to "Wild Rumpus Book Store" on 44th and Upton (or there abouts). It's got chickens running around and usually a cat or two. They had a couple new critters, a chinchilla, a ferret lounging in a hammock, two cockatiel, two lizards, a love bird and some fish. Oh, this is really a book store for kids. It's got every book imagineable for infants through teens. After that we walked to "Great Harvest Bread" and got a slice of pumpkin break and some granola mix. We then stopped by the shop to make sure everything was okay and came home for lunch and nap (we hope). It is great hanging out with this little guy.


Fiber related:
We got new sock yarn in the shop this week. I died up a bunch of roving and some white fleece. I was trying to get a skin color for the gnomes and dolls people like to make. One of the fiber artists I admire was in on Wednesday. She started out making these incredible scarves that we hot water felted and embellished with yarn that she would sew with a machine in patterns all over the scarf. Well, now she's making these incredible bowls with hand felted beads, etc. I think she may sell them in the shop. I was quite impressed.

If you ever need a tutorial on making batts or roving or comparisons on spinning wheels or making an orifice smaller please check out June at Two Sheep (blog and a store) She also sells her handspun yarn - she is incredible.

WOP/CKP:
I'm working on a neck cozy out of the Alpaca Marl - Denise is also working on a couple patterns she plans to publish at the shop. I'll get a photo up soon - we have a cute pin idea!

I finished a cut hat out of Yukon from Plymouth with lots of fiber sticking out of it. People love this design and actually buy them. I also finished Ellies mittens, Josh's scarf, working on the hat and Dan's sweater. It's another busy week and I love being busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home