Fiberit

Monday, November 06, 2006

Names

It's amazing - we have two new babies in my extended family. One arrived on October 28th and one on November 4th. One girl and one boy. So much fun!

I love to hold them when they are a few hours old because they are so new from God.

Baby names are changing again. The new names I've heard lately are, Georgia, Savanah, Ryder, Joshua, Elizabeth - there are not a bunch of Mary, Jane, Nancy, John, Tom, Tim or Dan. I just think it is interesting how names go in fads. We have several Dan's in our family and also in my daughter's in- laws and then my second daughter started dating a Dan and I said, "Okay, I think we'll have to start numbering them or someone will have to change their name."

My Grandparents had one son, whose name was Ralph. As the daughters got married and started families there became a disagreement among the woman (this is the story I was told).
One was Ralph's sister and one was Ralph's Wife. They were both pregnant and due at the same time. They both wanted to name their baby "Ralph" if it was a boy. I guess it got quite nasty and luckily for Ralph's sister, she had the boy and he became "Ralph", after his uncle.

Ralph was my favorite cousin, we were a year apart. Of course, so was Ronald, a year apart from me because Aunt M had 8 children and they were bing, bing, bing! So it stands to reason I would have two cousins a year apart from me, get it?

My mother gave me an unusual name, for some reason, I wish I could ask her now, what she was thinking? She named me Bonny (with a y) and only gave me the letter "K" for a middle name. That middle initial has been a problem.

She, however, was a twin and my grandmother named them, Violet & Viola. How lovely!
My mother was called "VI" until she died and her twin was "Viola" (which she did not like but they had to be distinguised somehow) so awhile after my mother died her twin took the name "Vi". I don't blame her, being named after flowers, afterall!

At any rate, think about what you name those babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home