Fiberit

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

my creative state of mind!

SALE

Had a great sale at the shop on Saturday. The most fun is seeing all my customers! We had such a fun day with a spinning class and a felting class going on in the back room. Such great conversations going on back there. I think I have a source for some Shetland fiber from one of the spinners. I also found a source for Yak which is like cashmere and it's a good price.

Sunday I helped with the grandchildren for the morning. Ellie was sick so she and mom went to the doctor and Josh and I played "Tents", snack, puzzles, snack, building blocks, snack, play dough, snack---you get the sequence.

FELTING/DYEING

I felted some adult sweaters last week and I was going to make purses out of them but they turned out so cute I might make jackets for toddlers. I'll keep you posted as I create these cute little garments.

I sold so much dyed fiber this weekend that I need to do some dye work this week. Oh such a burden! People seem to like my colors whether they are spinners or felters. I have some posted on the website under spinning if you'd like a peek.

I'm in my creative state of mind right now - so many ideas for Christmas and so little time. I do this every year and you'd think by now (60) I'd have figured this out and not make my life crazy. I'm knitting, sewing, creating story boxes, dyeing, felting, and some card making and scrapbooking. It's exhausting!

BLOGS I ENJOY:
If you want some chuckles during your day I recommend reading "Crazy Aunt Purl". She has a blog that I truly enjoy.

fluffa
Charleen's fiberblog
Curlypurl
I hate waiting
Knitin chick
Lolly Knitting Around
Modeknit-knitting heretic
Purls and Pugs
Yarn Harlot
Woven Thoughts
bitter purl
spin knit
spindeknit
Just to name a few! Enjoy

Monday night knitters was great - we keep adding people. It is so much fun. We're all getting knitting done and some great conversations. Even me.
Happy Knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home