Fiberit

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Completed Projects



YES! I finished my sister's sweater! I steamed it yesterday and will add the buttons and send it off to Phoenix. I used City Sheep Pattern designed by Kris Olsen "Bulky Sweater"pattern. The original was made of Pt. 5 yarn by Collinette, which I wear in the shop alot. This one, my sister chose Italia Fingerpaints by Plymouth- I made it larger so I think it took 7 skeins (132 yds each) 3 sts/inch - I made it larger than the original because my sister wanted it longer. I sure hope she likes it.

I also finished this little cell phone purse last night - It's made out of Loft from Skacel - it comes in great varigated colors and felts beautifully. The pattern is from Black Sheep Bags. These can all be purchased at the shop.
You can get two of these cute little bags out of one skein. Cute Christmas gifts for the younger crowd.

I also completed a Mission Falls scarf that has been in the works for a couple years. I don't carry their yarn at this time but we're redoing the pattern in Alpaca Silk from Skacel. It's beautiful and has the same colors as Mission Falls. It's knit in the round on 4 needles so you don't have to weave in all the ends and it is striped in 7 rows of each color. Very long and very cute. I'll try to get a photo up here soon.

So, I feel great! It's so good to get a couple projects completed. I still have several to work on so not to worry!

I have noticed some strange behaviors lately while driving home. There was a bicyclist riding her bike yesterday. She had on a fleece vest, covered with a rain slicker, jeans, tennis shoes, helmet and backpack. We were stopped at a light and she reached into the drain gutter as she was waiting and picked up a discarded water bottle and took it with her. I'm still pondering what she was going to do with it. Can you turn those plastic bottles in for money? or was she going to reuse it?

I had lunch with my friend (we have known each other at least 45 years) Kathy. It was her 60th birthday this month. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory at Southdale. Great salad and no cheesecake. I'm so proud of myself for passing that up. We're all turning 60 this year and it's not been too traumatic. At least we're all still healthy. Sixty is not what it used to be. It really is the new 40.

THEN, I went to the my daugher's house and had dinner with them -cheese ravioli and some great bread. Josh helped his mom make this but he wouldn't take a bite of it. Ellie was shoving it down-mostly covering her face and hands. Josh is two and he won't eat just anything anymore so he makes a great production out of not eating what you'd like him too. He squinches his face and covers it with his hands and you'd think we were trying to poison him. Well, he also made dessert - Cookies and Cream pudding, SO, he did take one bite of pasta to pay for the pudding. We then played toss the ball of yarn around the room. It's a fun game and they get all tangled up in it. I had a bulky yarn with me so it was easily untangled and we even played jump rope with it. My daughter jumped and he turned. So, after I had gotten them sufficiently wound up, I left to go home and fix Dan some supper and fell into bed about 8 PM. Jenna called around 10 PM as usual, to talk about her day! I think I listened pretty well.

I even forgot to set my alarm but woke up at 6:30 am anyway. No knitting last night.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Blogger Knittymama said...

What a beautiful sweater!!

Maybe she's just a good samaritan. My husband often picks up random litter to recycle or throw away...but usually not while he's biking:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home