Fiberit

Friday, November 24, 2006

Shopping after Thanksgiving

I'm very grateful to all the people that shopped in my shop today but I must tell you I have never gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I just cannot make myself do it. Nothing is that important.

I do not like to go to Malls unless it is early in the morning during the week. I do not shop on weekends. I love getting a deal on clothes or household items but only if it is not crowded. I hate navigating through traffic, being bumped with strollers, playing bumper cars in the parking lot. I try to plan my week so I can get these things accomplished without shopping on the weekends, now, this is tough during the holidays, and I do not like shopping on line.

Therefore, this year I'm making alot of gifts or I've already picked them up during the year. I love a handmade gift myself.

Get knitting and crafting out there. Be sure to pass your craft on to your children or grandchildren. I'm fearful that some of these crafts will be lost. Hundred's of years ago, children had to knit and weave and spin to help the family out. I know, there are not alot of classes to help you mom's out but you can learn and pass it on. It really is important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home