Fiberit

Friday, September 01, 2006

Coffee Shops



I understand coffee shops are great knitting places. I love the Dunn Bros coffee house off Hwy. 4 in Eden Prairie. It's a renovated historical house and they have done a great job with renovation. Many book clubs and social clubs meet here. I tried a knitting night on Wednesday night this summer. This is how it turned out.

Yep! Just me and my friend Sue took the photo. She's not even a knitter.

I don't know where all the knitter's are in Eden Prairie. They must be someplace because I have customers from here. Maybe I'll try again this Fall. It was a lovely place to knit. I got a lot done, no interruptions.

We had another exciting day by the shop. Someone ran into a small pickup on the street and took out his back end. The car sat there for a couple days and I thought it belonged to the people who lived there. Well, today the tow trunk came and took it away, so maybe it was stolen. Makes a better story. Shelley was tending the shop when all this excitement happened. She was watching the beauty parlor traffic.

I was at the farmer's market picking up fresh vegies for a stir fry I intend to make this weekend. (I'm also hoping to get my living room painted. It is supposed to rain so I figured I may as well work inside.) The market was great. Not very croweded at 10 am so it was easily navigable. I bought raspberries, beets ( I love this beet salad I had at Mannys last winter), small potatoes, zuchinni, onions and 3 colors of peppers, and of course corn on the cob. I love going down there because I feel like I'm getting a deal!

In the afternoon I was looking out the window and saw this young man go running by and thought to myself, " I wonder why he's running?" A minute later, my neighbor Min was out there looking for him. He was probably 6' and she's like barely 5' and she's trying to find this guy who ran off without paying. Help Min out and have lunch at Kwans next week.

The rest of the afternoon was relatively quiet. I sat outside dreaming of when the new place will open across the street. "Maude's Place". It should be about December. I'm knitting a pair of socks with some yarn we'll be getting soon called "Trekking" with new needles from Blue Sky Alpaca. They are a special wood which I cannot find the name of right now and the needles come in a cute little case . Hopefully I'll get a photo soon.

I've also decided to make both the grandchildren a pumpkin hat from fibertrends for fall. They are so cute. A customer came in today and said she has made all her children and grandchildren these hats through the years. What a great idea! Like I need another project.

Have a great weekend and keep knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home