Fiberit

Friday, September 15, 2006

Mid September

Sandy's sweater - almost finished-I'm Using City Sheep pattern by Kris Olson
I just lenghtened it about 3" because the original came to the waist, which is cute but my sister wanted it longer and she's a little larger on top so we added a couple inches. The yarn is Paint Box - lovely but expensive - good thing I own the shop - she gets a discount!
It is so gorgeous in Minnesota in the Fall. I was at the Arboretum today for a photo shoot with the grandchildren. Sherry is the photographer - she has a studio in Shakopee - does fantastic photos. It was a perfect day for photos and the grandchildren were perfect, of course. I cannot wait to see these proofs. I'll probably have to line my walls with photos soon; maybe wallpaper would work!

The Arboretum would be a great place to sit and knit - we may have to consider it for an event. What fun! I'll get right on that along with the Knitting bookclub!

It has been a busy week inside the shop and outside the shop. Last week I finished painting the living room and I love it. It's a grey/green. Perfect. I also RIPPED off the wallpaper in the front entry hall and now have to wash off the paste.

We had the Korean dinner party for #2 daughter and it was a success. I completed her scrapbook up to high school, but still have family vacations, sports and few other categories to complete. Then I have to start on the other two children.


I'm still working on the sweater for my sister. I should be done by now but I've gotten side tracked with Josh's scarf, mittens and hat, Ellies hat, a sample sock out of trekking, which I really like, by the way. They have another sock yarn called "Step" and it has aloe Vera and jojoba in the fiber. It's great for the dried out cuticles. I'm also working on the vest sample for the vest class, and the infamous shawl for Jeanne. Eventually I'll get them done.

We have lots of new yarn in the shop and I'm itching to work up swatches. Wool/Bamboo from Classic Elite, the Alpaca Silk from Skacel is lovely and the new varigated from Aurora 8-Karabella. Check out my website www.creativefibers for updates.

I'm hoping to felt some little gnomes for Christmas gifts from the new book "Pixie Felts using the felting Needle". It's an expensive book but the figures in here are too cute. She has gnomes, pigs, bunnies, evergreen trees and the most adorable faces on all of these. Nancy helped me make some felted pumpkins and snowmen from the patterns designed by Marie Mayhew. They are adorable, very fast and easy. The snowmen come with accessory patterns. They are made up in the shop and hopefully a photo will be here soon.

I also received a new book from Ashford this week, along with new fiber colors. ( we are totally stocked with fiber) The book is called "Carding" and is really great! Good instructions on carding, blending colors, color combinations, blending fibers and patterns for projects.

I'm also working on Pumpkin hats for the grand babies to wear to the pumpkin patch. I have one half done. It is so cute - Fibertrends pattern made with Aurura 8 (the only yarn I put next to my grandchildren's skin).

I have done no spinning lately and miss it - maybe tonight on my deck with a glass of wine. Sounds like a good way to wind down the week. It's 80 degrees and dry - just perfect.

I can totally justify not working on my house if I have knitting or spinning to do. It's wonderful, no guilt (it took years to get here). Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home