Fiberit

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Finished Projects

I have been on a roll lately. Finished the chenille baby blanket. I also crocheted a cute pink hat for her and actually did some sewing on a onsie. I cut out chenille stars and sewed them on the front and back of a onsie. So easy and cute! My daughter, Nicole, gave me this idea.

I finished sewing a crib blanket for Ellie. It's pink and very soft. I also made a matching pillow. Josh loved his in blue blanket and sleeps with it every night. Gram made him his pillow.

I was planning to see new grandchild on sunday - the wamplers new daughter, and go to a play with Jeanne at a theater in town but woke up sunday morning with light flashes in my left eye. This had happened a year ago in the right eye so I figured it was the same thing. They look like little lightening bolts followed by some floaters (little black specks). I called the Doc on call and he thought I could wait until morning to see some one. This condition sometimes means you have a rip in your retina. It happens as you age (yuk) the gel in your eye becomes thicker and sticks and causes little flashes - if it continues or you get a shower of black dots it could mean a tear has occurred and you want it repaired immediately. Therefore, I stayed home on sunday and watched "Out of Africa";being a Meryl fan, I loved it. I knit and did the sewing projects mentioned beforehand.

I also measured and worked on some curtains for my patio door. I read my most current book which is "The Girl in the Green Glass Mirror" by Elizabeth McGregor. I'm finding it very fascinating. Bookclub is Thursday night. A new club in Prior Lake I'm trying out with my friend Bette. B went with me to the eye doctor and after checking everything it looked okay, no rip as yet.
I'll go back in a week to get it checked and have a couple little moles removed on my eye lid.

I'm helping a customer finish a child's sweater and it looks really small for a size 1, so I'm heading over to the babies house tonight to try it on Ellie - if the arm goes through the opening we're good to go. I came down with a cold, this morning, woke up with it. Unbelievable. I feel lousy and will probably crash tonight. I take ekanacia (sp?) but it did not help. Those baby germs are lethal.

I forgot to say - last week I went to see "Wicked" at the Orpheum. Jeanne went with me and it was delightful. The music was good but not sing along type or foot stamping; the foot stamping would have helped my frozen feet. There was a air vent on the floor and my feet were so cold by the second act I put them (my feet) in my leather purse, which didn't help a whole lot. I loved the two leads in the play - especially the good witch, Glenda. It was worth the money!

We had dinner at a pub in St. Louis Park. We had a beer and fish & Chips. It was great.
I cannot remember the name of this restaurant. It starts with an "M". Sorry, you cannot miss it, it's on the corner on Excelsior Blvd.

Happy Knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home