Fiberit

Friday, June 16, 2006

Mid June

Business is picking up at the shop this month. Lots of tie-dyers out there. We also have a number of visiting customers from other states. They are the best, they like to visit and learn about Minneapolis while they are in town.

Thursday, Denise stopped by the shop to drop off some more storage boxes for our color coordinated yarn stashes. I'm hoping to weave some scarves and purses out of these delicious combinations. D had a little lunch and then headed home. I made some progress on weaving a new purse out of a combination of pink yarns on the knitter's loom. I love this portable little loom. It's easy to warp and carry around. Quick, projects actually get completed.

Friday, Shelley came over to pick up two packages she had sent to the shop for herself. The mailman isn't sure where she lives but suspects she lives in the back room somewhere. Some days we only get mail for S. At any rate she got some new cotton yarn. The white she wanted to wind on the warping pegs so she could go home and dye it. Last week she dyed some yarn but tied the strings so tight that it left little white marks where the dye was not able to get through so now she has to re-dye it.

Julie stopped in for some help with the shorts she is knitting her daughter - she's on a size 2 needle with cotton/wool sock yarn. It's going to take a while to knit these shorts.

One of my customers came rushing in about 4 PM and was delighted to tell me that her dye work has been picked up by some large company. She was so excited. I cannot wait to find out who it is.

Our third sunday of the month is this week. Spinning people will arrive at l:00 pm on Sunday unless they are celebrating Dad's day somewhere. This is such a great time. About 10 people show up each time. We sit and spin, chat, eat and spin again. This is a very eclectic group of people. Matt and I decided that it was mostly people without small children or any children at all that participate in this group. Interesting! They are all professionals of some sort, aged between 20'2-60's. S and I being the oldest.

Ancestry. com emailed me today with a special on Dad's day stuff. I decided to look up my dad who died in 1952. I had to look up his birthday which was 9/1924 and his death was July 1952. I was born in 1946 and my sister in 1950. He entered the sevice in 1951 so my sister does not remember him at all and I very vaguely remember him. I found his obituary which gave me lots of information I had forgotten about. He was actually killed in a plane crash in Japan while flying his last flight. He was to be sent home the next day.

I never did do a search on Ancestry.com. You had to sign up for the service and I wasn't ready to do a search yet. I have alot of information from his sister, who, just died recently in San Jose. They are all gone now.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I'm working all day. C will be in and I haven't seen her in awhile. We have our first Bungee Crochet class. I'm planning on learning some new stuff. I'll keep you posted.

I'm supposed to be at a family shower for my cousins son, but I cannot leave the shop. Saturdays are tough for these family get togethers. I miss seeing all my cousins at these things. My cousin S and I figured out that in her family alone, her parents, if they were alive, would have 55 grandchildren and great grandchildren. Amazing! I'll have to see them in August at the wedding.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home