Fiberit

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Finished projects

I completed two projects this week. It's been slow at the shop due to graduations, etc. Typical for this time of year so I was able to get some knitting done. I finished the hedgehog (fibertrends pattern) on Wednesday night at Dunn Bros. Coffee shop but noticed he was lopsided ( I forgot to wrap and turn somewhere). So, I tore him out and finished him again last night. Actually, it might be a her because it has pink quills. It is drying as I write. One thing I noticed while working this pattern, at the end they say to stitch the opening closed with another color of yarn but the opening is so small you wouldn't be able to stuff it through that hole anyway. The first one I did ripped apart in the machine so I stitched this one up completely. Now to stuff it, I hope I can cut a hole in the bottom where I just used the yarn to finish it and then stitch that back up. Makes sense to me.

My friend Sue stopped by last night. She's done teaching for the year and was coming home from their year end party. She and her friends are going to France next week staying in a Villa for a couple weeks. Sounds very nice.

The other project I completed was the Elizabeth bag by Black Sheep. It turned out real cute but the handle itsn't felting down as much as I like so I maybe would do a different handle next time. I'm in the process of shaving it down with my bic razor. It works great.

I bought a new Lendrum spinning wheel this week. I love it. I opened it last night and got it together with help from my friend Shelley (on the phone) and was able to spin. It is smooth. I wish I could get a dealership from him. I started spinning the cormo that I bought at Shepherd's Harvest - it is quite spongy like but it spins easily. I'm going to spin a two ply, I hope.

I also finished some curtains for my friend (3rd project). I'm working on the second set of curtains for a bathroom. Then I have some sewing for myself and a baby blanket to stitch up.

It has been unseasonly hot in Minnesota for the last couple weeks and suddenly it's dropped for a high of 60 degrees this weekend. Go figure. It is so true, wait for an hour and the weather will change in Minnesota. I bought plants this week so I thought I'd get them planted this weekend. I have to work later today.

Today is National Knit Out In Public Day. So we will be sitting outside knitting today at the shop. It should attract attention. Another attraction on our strip mall is a new Massage salon which is in question. I've talked to the landlord about it and she's checking into backgrounds. Seems very suspicious to me. More later on that subject.

The PETITE BOUTIQUE is up and running this week. I have jewelry from Pamela (Gutherie)semi precious stones set with silver, Denise has her knitted Beaded pendant bags, a new artist from Florida brought in her hand felted jewelry with semi-precious stones and beads, and Jennie The Potter brought in her Mugs and bowls. They have sheep with yarn and spindles on them. We also have many shop samples for sale.

I'm working on another little bag on the Ashford Knitter's Loom. I love that little loom. It is so easy to use. I have a commission to make one for Pamela's mom, so I have to get this one finished.

Went to play with Grandchildren Tuesday night. J was jumping off the chair (really stepping) but he thought he was jumping and then E decided to get in the action and climbed up (she doesn't walk yet) and bounced. They are so goofy. J is talking alot now and is a little hard to catch all the words. They are so much fun!

More later
As you can see I've been a little busy and haven't blogged for a few days. I'll get better at this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home