Fiberit

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Swirl Scarf


Well, again it's been awhile since I blogged. Sorry, life just keeps getting in the way. My only excuse, and I'm sticken' with it.

Had a great Bungee on Sat. Nancy sent me home with lots of ideas (see below) and the group has decided to go to Stockholm, WI (yes, Wisconsin) for the day on Sat. Dec. 5th for the Holiday festivities they offer that weekend in Stockholm. If you want to carpool, meet in Edina at the parking lot adjacent to Tavern on France,69th and France at 9:00 AM.

I just ordered the pattern, Swirl Scarf, from Jo Jo Land, http://www.jojoland.com/
The Yarn Harlot has a photo on her blog. It's gorgeous! Thought you might want one too.

Thanksgiving was great - had a great sale in New Prague on Friday/Saturday. I was only able to be there for a short time on Friday due to feeling a little ill.

Nancy made me a sample of the Elizabeth Zimmerman "Rib Warmer" from her book Knitting Workshop. It's very simple and can be used with any yarn. Nancy also brought me a Kitten Hat designed by Joan Gilbertson but I don't have the photo to show you yet, next post.


Helen Hamman, http://www.helenhamann.com/ has a Cork Screw Scarf pattern that is adorable and can be worn as a huge fashion statement. I ordered 3 kits and some patterns, should be in next week. You're gonna love these new patterns.

I'm working on Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Tomten Sweater" in the same book, actually, it's in a couple of her books. I'm using Mini Mochi and Land O Lace's ShaSha. I love the colors and the texture. It's very drapey and should feel wonderful on a baby.photo later

I'm making mittens for the grandchildren and have finished one, so far. They also want hats, good luck to Nana.

More Ideas than time is my mojo this Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home