Fiberit

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

CRAZY WEEK

A crazy week - I've been tallying up inventory for a week and my neck is sore. It's been very busy at the shop so I don't have time to work on inventory during the day - evening and early morning are the only times. Monday was crazy at the shop. We had our knitting group in the back and I was hoping to get a weaving group going at 7:00 pm. I was having difficulty reaching everyone but finally one student showed up - the other one will come next week. Therefore, we had to switch the knitting group up to the front of the store and let the weaver's in the back. Meanwhile I was waiting on customers and trying to set up a loom and working on a new ad I was placing this month which had to be done right then and my computer was not working. I finally got the ad taken care only to find out this morning that it cannot be run as I originally thought. My computer is still not working - the front page looks like a negative. I cannot read it ! I think it started when I began downloading updates. Now I don't have access to dsl or my printer. YEA! It's the end of the month and I need those reports!#####


I had been going full tilt all last week so when the weekend came I just had to put the brakes on and cancel a social engagement on Sunday so I could stay home and put the Christmas stuff away, hang up pictures after getting the walls painted (which was not such a good job and will probably have to be done again) Tried putting up the railings going up stairs and the brackets were the wrong size so the railing is a little skewed. Cleaned out the storage closet and found a few missing items. Cleaned and straightened cupboards that had gotten out of control. Organized my desk and my craft room. I got alot done.



I finished a couple of the felted jackets I'd been working on-These were
originally adult large sized sweaters that I bought at ARC. I felted them in the washer and embellished them. I was going to cut them up into purses but they were so cute after being felted that I had to cut them down the middle and make jackets.

I also finished a beaded felted bag that I've been playing with for a couple months-I needle felted it and then lined it and decided to add beads. Now I need a strap. This photo makes it look like a glob - it really does have shape.

I am not finished with Dan's sweater or the Christmas sock but I'm working hard on them. I really want to get into summer stuff so it's hard to focus on wool. Although I found a beautiful new yarn for the shop called Roma (it's viscose and angora) by Jaeger (I love their patterns) Well, I found a very cute pattern today so I may give it a try. (Julie inspired me with this new idea) I'm also working on a child's sweater in Heaven (very soft fluffy stuff from Plymouth) and that should be quick.

The grandchildren came to the shop today. They love the place and are really ver good. Josh loves the water tank in the back room. He takes a shopping cart and walks around like he knows what he's doing. He thinks he owns the place. Ellie just follows and does exactly what he does. I'd like to be a follower for awhile. Have a great one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home