Fiberit

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Snow

The first snow of the year and I thought I was prepared. Bought a used snowblower from my cousins and got gasoline and oil in November. All ready, right. Problem - I got the wrong oil. Complication: this machine requires 3.2 oz. of oil to 1 gal of gasoline and they sell the oil in an 8 oz. bottle. How do you figure this out. I'm not this good at math, especially in the cold weather when my fingers are going numb. The man at Menards (I really like this store) said he had the same machine and he figured out a method that helped him with this math problem. He bought the bottle that was 3.2 oz. and the larger bottle. Then he used the smaller one for a refill. YEAH! Now I have to guess how much gasoline I put in the can to begin with. Mix it up and pour it into the machine and hope it starts. We gave up, my son and I shoveled! Need I say more.

Back to Menards - they are having a great sale on 310 ct. sheets. $14.99 for the queen size. I've been back twice for the sheets.

We have snow on the ground but it is still warm out - great winter so far. D and I decided not to work on wool samples anymore but go right to the spring/summer ideas. We are currently paging through magazines and patterns.

I'm currently working on a City Sheep baby sweater using the "Heaven" . It's lovely for babies. We also are working up some shrugs and shawls with romance in mind for Valentine's day.

One of my very special customers brought in the snake scarf that she has made for many of her grandchildren. I'm making one for Josh - it is so cute! I'll have it done soon and put a photo up here. I'm also working on finishing the christmas sock and Dan's sweater (it's at the boring part where it is just knit, knit, knit)

Inventory is done, now to add it all up. Took 3 days and everything is counted and put back in place so the shop looks so nice. Now I just have to work on organizing my office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home