Fiberit

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What was the temp?

Can you believe how drastic this weather change is? 90+ to 65 and maybe a frost tonight. I need to get that boiler in pretty quick.

I don't believe the person that lived here before me really lived in this house very much. Everything I use falls apart. The sink is plugging up already, the pipe to the water heater started spurting water monday - now has slowed down but I will also need a hot water heater. The garage door started going up and down all by itself on Sunday so I had to unplug it and whenever I let the dog out I had to climb the ladder and plug it back in, open the door, climb up and unplug it, etc. The garage guy came today and informed me it was shot and not safe. I will use it manually for a while cuz I cannot get a new one built yet.

The window guys and a Historical restoration guy is coming over tomorrow so we'll see what they have to say.

Sunday morning "B" and I went to the Farmer's market and bought our usual vegies and fruit but also found a beautiful woven peruvian rug for my upstairs room. It's expensive so I may not be able to afford it right now. We came home and Nicole & Peter were here to load their credenza into the car. Carver was having "Steamboat Days" so I walked Josh and Ellie over to St. Nichols church for games, petting zoo, etc. while Dad and Dan delivered the credenza to their house. I told Josh there would be "Kiddie" parade downtown and he didn't want to go because he thought I meant "Kitties"parade. It took us awhile to figure out that's what he thought it was. We had lunch and they headed home.

Dan was home so he helped me get the bed frame up and I finally got to make up my bed.
Monday the garbage guys picked up all my cardboard and the boiler guy from Center Point arrived and gave me a very attractive bid.

My comcast had gone out on Sunday so I was lost without TV or computer so I unpacked until bedtime. Comcast arrived on Monday just after I had left for work and were able to repair the cable on the roof, thank heaven.

Tuesday, today, Josh started pre-school so I went over to take care of Ellie and Logan. Josh was so excited. He had a really great time with all his friends.

I Went to work and got caught up a little. There is still alot of product left in the shop. I'll have to stay open until the end of October.

I've been knitting a little. I'm working on Logan's blue blanket for his Baptism.
I promise some photos tomorrow. I have some very cute little things to show you about this house. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger Jillsknit said...

Your "new" house sounds like my past year. I bought my folks house and moved to be closer to them in their new "old folks" situations. Since Christmas last year I had to get new washer & dryer, new stove & frig, new furnace & A/C, new sewer section in the front yard and replaced the 30+ year old kitchen floor that had holes in it. I still have a leak in the basement when it rains to figure out but - with all this it's a great house and I'm glad I moved.

I hope you survive your move and enjoy our house as much as I enjoy mine.
I'll try to get to your shop and check out the spinning gear before the end of the month!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home