Fiberit

Thursday, December 28, 2006

After Christmas

Well, we're back to normal (whatever that is) but the deadlines are met and we're almost onto 2007. I must admit I did not meet my deadlines for my UFP's. I still have a list for next year. Finish Dan's sweater, finish the Lucy sock, finish needle felting nomes, finish sewing felted sweaters, finish beading felted bag, make felted scarves, make more needle felted nomes, cut out felted figures for Advent Boxes. It seems I got nothing done! hmmmm

New projects for this year: samples for the shop for spring and summer
In the next year I want to complete: Afghan for sister
Knit Christmas sweaters for grandchildren
Make a 2 sweaters for me and a vest (I've started these already)
Complete Summer shell (started two summer's ago)
Knit a pair of socks (started in November)
Shop samples, shop samples, shop samples........

I think the list will get longer as the year progresses but at least I have it on paper so I can check them off as they are completed. Right???

I did complete a hat for my sister, one felted sweater, and a couple shop samples. Not a total
loss.

My sister arrived on Thursday - a little late due to Denver's storm. We had to look for boots and long underwear immediately due to cold (it was truly like spring, but these people from Phoenix and Florida freeze at 40 degrees). Visited the grandchildren and crashed at home. It was a whirlwind of a holiday. My sister broke her contact lens Christmas Day and fell on the step and bruised her ankle, thought it was broken but ice and alieve saved the day. It was better the next day.

Basically, the holiday went like this. Went to "C"'s for buffet and dessert, went home to bed, woke up and went to "N"'s for brunch, open packages, went home (quick nap) made dinner, ate again and went to bed. That's what Holidays are about - right?

The next few days we went to a couple movies. "The Holiday" which we thought was charming - real escapism and "The Dream Girls" which had none of the music I was looking forward to and 2 1/2 hours of a semi-opera was a little too long.

Now we can take down and put away all the decorations and try to remember where they are next year.! Hope to see you all next year.

We had an outstanding December at the shop-thank you customers. Happy New Year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home