Fiberit

Monday, October 18, 2010

OCTOBER ALREADY!

Well, I knew it had been awhile, but really, August!!!  I guess when I closed the shop in New Prague it was difficult to blog.  I just kept putting it off.  I need to download new photos and I just couldn't do it!

I have been busy!  These are a few of the projects I've been working on:  Ellie's ruffled socks
Mini Mochi Hat

Fleece hat and scarf for the grandchildren

Tree cut down and a pile of logs and brush to.....


Burn - Cally enjoying the fire!

Logan was over for the weekend so he got to cut the pumpkins - a little smug, do ya think?  This pumpkin looked a little like a watermelon.#1

# 3 pumpkin-the largest

#2 pumpkin
At least we got 3 this year.  Some animal kept eating the flowers - we had miles of vine but only 3 pumpkins - we'll do better next year.  We did get sunflowers!


finished off the garden with sunflowers!
We have had a great group for spinning on the third sunday.  Yesterday I made a banana bread with Logan and everyone loved it so here is the recipe:

Basic Banana Bread

1 1/2 c. mashed bananas
1/3 c. plain yogurt - fat free
5 tbsp. butter, melted
2 large eggs
combine these four ingredients and beat, then add
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
Combine the ingredients below and add slowly to the mixture
1 1/2 c. flour - all purpose
1/4 c. flaxseed-ground
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground allspice

Pour batter into a 9 X5 greased pan - bake at 350 for 55 minutes.  This batter looked really soupy when I poured it in the pan but it firms up as it bakes and is delicious. 
You can add a frosting if you like:
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp low fat milk -
combine until smooth and drizzle over cooled bread.  I didn't do this because I didn't feel it needed it.

Enjoy - I'm off to Monday night at Dunn Bros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home