Fiberit

Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 1st

I had the first Knit Group at the Dunn Bros. coffee house near my home last night. Only one person joined me and that was my friend Noelle. We had a great time catching up on life over the past 6 months. I am planning to have a knit- out at the Dunn Bros. every Wednesday nite from 7-9 PM through June and then we'll see how it grows. This is a delightful old home on Hwy. 4 that was restored by the city and is used for the Dunn Bros. coffee. I'll try to get a photo up here soon.

I am currently knitting a Fibertrends groundhog. He is very cute and I had finished him and threw him in the washer to felt. When he came out he looked like "road kill". Somehow one side of his body came apart and unraveled. Poor thing. I'm working on a newone. The first one was brown galway with a fur type yarn on the back side. This one will be a cream body with pink fuz. I'm going to tie knots in this one.

I'm also working on a baby blanket for a friend whose baby is due in July. I started making a lace pattern, very simple pattern, out of a multi colored cotton yarn but everytime I got to the 5th row I would miss a stitch and be off. After three tries I gave up and went to a cotton chenille varigated in pinks, blues and white. This will be soft and cuddly and may actually get done by July.

I'm also working on a shop sample sweater - cotton again in a City Sheep pattern. A child's pullover. It was in Mission Falls cotton originally and I'm not carrying that yarn right now so I decided to redo it. I'm up to the arm holes on that project.

I'm also working a shawl with domy heather, another lace pattern out of the "Knitted Shawls "book. It's lovely but has also taken a few tries. It is for a dear friend who picked out the yarn so I hope to finish it by the time it gets cold outside again, which may be tomorrow. Who knows in Minnesota.

Minnesota weather is so unpredictable. One day it's 87 and the next 40. No kidding. You must always keep your knitting by your side in case the temperature drops because you can get several rows knit before it warms up again. Enough for tonight-more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home